How to Order Cooking Gas Tanks in Taiwan




One of the really surprising things that I found about Taiwan was the fact that everyday cooking gas had to be delivered doorstep to doorstep (at least in most older buildings).

This fact kind of freaked me out. What if they dropped it coming up the stairs?! What if the tank wasn't hooked up correctly?!


Nonetheless, I still had to figure out how to order it since at my old place, the gas was hooked up to the water heater, so no gas amounted to no hot water for showers.

Step 1 

Locate the phone number of your gas company.


This is typically printed on the top of your gas tank.


Step 2 

Figure out how large your tank is. In my case, it's 16 kilograms, 十六公斤 (shíliù gōngjīn).
Step 3

When you call the gas company, be prepared to tell them the following:
  • Wǒ yào jiào wǎsī. (我要叫瓦斯.) "I need to order gas."
  •  ... gōngjīn (... 公斤) "...(however many) kilograms"
  • Wǒ dì dìzhǐ shì... (我的地址是...) "My address is...  

In my experience, I've never had to wait more than fifteen minutes for the deliveryman to call me at my doorstep. However, you should be aware, the cost can increase depending on what floor they carry it to. For example, the sixteen kilo tank I ordered cost 650nt, but I had to pay 710nt. 

Good Luck!

~Kat

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts